- To guide the land use transformation in an integrated and harmonic manner with a view to accelerate the economic and socio- political development of the project area.
- To protect the most valuable agricultural land from any other unplanned transformation
- To allow the towns to play their active socio-economic role within the Physical Planning, agriculture, transportation, drainage, water Supply, housing and other important relevant sectors
- To reduce disaster risk and vulnerability of the people of the project area through structure and non-structural interventions
- To improve awareness of natural hazard mitigation among the people of project area.
- To formulate sub-regional plan, Structure plan, Urban area plan, Rural area Plan and action area plan of the project area